Cuba Sustainable Energy Forum
Solarpower Europe is working with the Commission on new emerging markets.
We are delighted to announce that Bruce Douglas, the COO of SolarPower Europe will be speaking at the Cuba Sustainable Energy Forum.
WHEN? Tuesday & Wednesday, 19 and 20 September 2017
WHERE? Havana, Cuba - PABEXPO Exhibition Centre
WHY NOW? Cuba is calling foreign investors to take a serious look at the investment opportunities on offer as included in the “CUBA: Portfolio of Opportunities for Foreign Investment 2016-2017” which includes renewable energy project opportunities in wind, solar PV, hydro and biomass. The Cuban Government:
- Provides projects that are ready for implementation and fully permitted
- Guarantees the purchase of all generated energy, on a priority basis
- Offers long-term power purchase agreements with negotiated market prices
- For the Cuban authorities to present their new energy and foreign investment policies along with the portfolio of investment opportunities in the fields of renewable energy and energy efficiency in Cuba;
- For the EU to showcase technologies and lessons learnt from the European experience and present the range of available financing instruments in Cuba.
WHO IS INVITED? Policymakers, energy companies (including manufacturers and technology providers, developers, investors), financiers, funds, EU Member States as well as International Organisations are expected to participate in this event.