SolarPower Europe’s 1st Digital Solar & Storage Start-up Award was won by SolarWorX, a German off-grid solar company. SolarWorX is a renewable energy start-up founded
The energy sector has begun a fundamental transformation from an old analogue system to a fully digital network. Solar will drive this change as it offers new ways of selling, controlling and gaining revenue from smart installations.
The digital revolution will change the way solar businesses operate by providing a new vision for smart solutions, which can help increase the profitability of traditional power plants. Solar is contributing to a more efficient and sustainable energy system.
Digitalisation will also change our industrial processes, paving the way towards a 4.0 solar industry.
The digital revolution breaks the traditional borders between sectors, providing solar companies with a whole new world to explore. Through our digitalisation taskforce, SolarPower Europe is developing the answers to the following questions and many others:
- What are the opportunities and barriers for solar that arise from smart meters, smart buildings and smart grids, and how can more digital solar offerings help projects increase profitability?
- What will the solar industry 4.0 look like, and how can we improve our own processes?
- How will digital technology connect solar with other small-scale generation technologies?
- How will solar and demand response interact to form fully aggregated Virtual Power Plants?
- How can Blockchain technology fundamentally change how electricity markets operate?
Join SolarPower Europe’s Digitalisation and Solar Task Force
The aim of the Digitalisation and Solar Task Force is to ensure that the solar sector in Europe takes the opportunities arising from the digitalisation of the energy system.
If you are interested in joining this task force, contact Sonia Dunlop
Digitalisation & Solar Task Force leader
Go Digital Declaration
50 leading companies have announced their support for further digitalisation of the solar and energy sector. SolarPower Europe’s ‘Go Digital’ declaration was officially handed over to Megan Richards, Director of Energy Policy in DG Energy, European Commission at the SolarPower Summit 2018.
Photo: Aurelie Beauvais, Policy Director, SolarPower Europe with Megan Richards, Director of Energy Policy in DG Energy, European Commission at the SolarPower Summit 2018.
"DIGITALISATION AND SOLAR" REPORT
SolarPower Europe presented its new “When solar policy went digital” report at ‘Digital Solar & Storage‘ on 4-5 December 2018 at the BMW World in
The challenges of the energy transition are manifold – and so are the solutions. With digitalisation and storage being the backbone of a New Energy