SolarPower Europe call for industrial strategy to support strong and competitive EU solar sector Today, SolarPower Europe together with EU PVSEC held the EU Industrial Leaders Round
Europe needs an over-arching strategy for the solar power sector. With several solar stakeholders such as: European researchers, production equipment suppliers, raw and processing materials companies, inverter manufacturers, and many others, being world leaders in their fields, we need an industrial strategy to make sure that Europe continues to lead on solar.
For this reason, SolarPower Europe is pioneering an industrial competitiveness strategy for solar in Europe. After twelve months of intensive engagement, in February 2017 the European Commission launched the “Clean Energy Industrial Forum”, with a dedicated “Renewable” branch under the patronage of Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete.
The Clean Energy Industrial Forum represents a major achievement for SolarPower Europe, but more importantly, represents a real opportunity for an industrial policy to be developed for solar in Europe.
SolarPower Europe industrial strategy objectives
and 2030 vision
1. Jobs and general value added (GVA) must be dramatically increased in the solar sector by 2030
2. By 2030 the value contribution of the overall solar value chain in Europe should increase from today´s 70 %.
3. Europe has inherent advantages in grid integration, the deployment of storage, renewable forecasting and the management of balancing markets fit for renewables
4. Sector coupling should be enhanced to provide more opportunities for job creation and value creation in Europe.
5. European-based technology and service providers should be present in all major emerging markets and support a substantial share of the European market
6. A comprehensive approach to the value chain must be deployed through the industrial strategy.
Join Solar Power Europe’s Industrial Strategy Task Force
The Industrial Competitiveness Task Force is working to ensure that the EU has global leadership on the existing and next generation of solar technologies, manufacturing and services.
If you want to join this task force, contact Sonia Dunlop
Industrial Strategy Task Force Leader
In Photos: High Level Industry Forum
High Level Industry Forum
MEPs, associations and NGO’s applaud tariff free solar Earlier this month the European Commission ended the trade measures on solar panels from China and other
SolarPower Europe’s annual award-winning Global Market Outlook for Solar Power is the most authoritative market analysis report for the global solar power sector. With comprehensive historical market