SolarPower Europe is looking for an Accounting & Administration Intern to join the Finance team.
10 April 2022
Background on SolarPower Europe
Are you motivated to jump-start your career in accounting and administration with a vibrant international group of professionals working in the heart of the EU bubble? If so, we hope you would be interested in joining our Finance team. Confidentiality, organization and rigour are among your characteristics as well as being a team player. This is a super opportunity to gain skills in a variety of accounting and administration duties in a dynamic environment.
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar PV sector. Our aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 250 members spanning 35 countries. We aim to produce thought-leading energy market analysis and support the business of our members through creative and successful advocacy campaigns.
Office Management & Human Resources
- Responsible for day-to-day administration;
- Prepare official documents in collaboration with the HR Officer;
- Support the HR Team in responding to staff inquiries;
- Give visitors/customers a friendly and warm welcome;
- Take care of the mail and you handle incoming e-mails;
- Update employee files, monitor timesheets;
- Monitoring and control expense reports;
- Other related administration activities;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of the Visa card statements;
- Process and reconcile bank statements and incoming/outgoing payments;
- Customer and supplier data management;
- Management and control of transactions related to creditors and debtors;
- Preparation of reminders to our members, partners or sponsors; and
- Other related accounting activities.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Office Management or an equivalent through experience in accounting, finance and/or administration;
- You are enthusiastic and eager to learn;
- You are discreet, customer-friendly and helpful;
- You have an excellent level of English; and
- You have good interpersonal skills.
- Internship contract of 6 months;
- A monthly compensation of 1.000 EUR/month which, with your intern status, is not subject to income taxes;
- Public transportation costs (€49 per month (x12));
- Lunch vouchers worth €8/day with an employee participation of €1,09/day (also not subject to taxes). This is worth €116/month;
- Teleworking indemnity: 134.71 EUR which entails flexibility for office/work-from-home arrangements;
- Leave days: You would be granted 5 paid leave days per 6-month contract segment for which you can take 2.5 days after 2 months. You are also granted paid public holidays and the end of the year office closure during the holidays in addition to 1.5 Extra-Legal Holidays per 6-month contract to be taken when you wish with the approval of your line manager.
Email your application in English to SolarPower Recruitment (email@example.com ) before COB 10 April 2022 quoting “Accounting & Administration Intern” and your full name in the email subject line. Your application should include:
- A cover letter (maximum 1 page) outlining your motivation for the job, why you would be a good candidate and when you would be able to start;
- a CV
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.