SolarPower Europe is recruiting a Digital Communications Intern to join the Communications department.
29 September 2023
Background on SolarPower Europe
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar power (PV) sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 300 members spanning more than 40 countries.
Digital communications – including our social media, website, podcast, and newsletters – are critical to strengthening solar power in Europe. It’s the virtual face of our work, and a key tool to connect with industry, reach European policymakers, and share our market intelligence with the world.
We are looking for a driven, creative and enthusiastic Digital Communications Intern to contribute to SolarPower Europe’s digital communications work and help elevate it further. We offer a dynamic working environment within a close-knit and multicultural team in Brussels. You will be working with an ambitious Communications team to further develop your skills and experience in digital communications from creative content brainstorming, from learning how to record a podcast, editing videos, to helping shape digital communications campaigns. You will also gain insight into the world of solar power and EU energy policy with the opportunity to join stakeholder meetings and business trips.
- Content creator for SolarPower Europe’s social media channels, producing creative and impactful content for LinkedIn, TwitterX, Instagram and YouTube. Including recording and editing video content, creating basic visuals on canva, assisting on the social media calendar, drafting and publishing social media posts, and reporting on social media results.
- Maintaining and updating SolarPower Europe’s website: Producing and publishing multimedia content, proofreading and editing material, checking content for accuracy, SEO, monitoring website using Google Analytics and reporting on web statistics.
- Support on podcast planning, production and dissemination.
- Support the internal communication work toward our members such as mailings and members area of our website.
- Support on the planning and production of our monthly newsletter.
- Contribute with digital communications skills, creative ideas and know-how to our communications campaigns.
- Contribute to SolarPower Europe’s events from a digital communications perspective: support on events marketing, visual identity and communications during events such as live tweeting.
- Assist with reporting on results from our digital efforts.
- Excellent command of English; native-level English speakers will be considered in priority.
- Willing to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and multicultural association.
- Passion for communications and renewable energy.
- IT skills and first-hand experience with website content management and design programmes (Adobe creative suite, canva) is a plus.
- Experience with email platforms such as Mailchimp is desirable.
- Audio-visual storytelling skills (creating images/infographics/video) are desirable.
- Proven experience with social media, planning and appropriate messaging across different platforms.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills, flexibility, responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and remotely, as well as in a team.
- Driven and ambitious individual, keen to work on a wide range of projects and confident sharing creative ideas and giving feedback.
- Keen desire to learn.
- A 6-month ‘Convention d’Immersion Professionel’, or Internship contract. Possibility to renew for an additional 6 months;
- A standard monthly internship stipend of €1.100;
- Reimbursement for public transportation;
- Lunch vouchers of 8€ per day worked (with a participation of €1.09/voucher) a value of 138,20E per month;
- 5 days of paid leave after 3 months.
Conditional on approval of the internship by Brussels Formation (SPE will manage the request).
For students, a signed Convention de Stage (a tripartite agreement signed by SolarPower Europe, the intern and his/her university or college) is foreseen.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until COB 29 September 2023 quoting “Digital Communications Internship” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview, after the deadline.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org