We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented person to assist in our Global team.
18 June 2023
Background on SolarPower Europe
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar PV sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 285 members spanning 35 countries. We aim to produce thought-leading energy market analysis and support the business of our members through creative and successful advocacy campaigns.
SolarPower Europe is involved in several projects funded by research programmes such as Horizon Europe, including the Secretariat of the European Technology and Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics (ETIP PV) and TRUST PV, a project aimed at enhancing performance and reliability of solar PV. We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Junior Project Officer who will be assisting the Global team in implementing the association’s projects and grants. To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to work on tight deadlines, be competent in using Microsoft Office applications such as Word and Excel, and have outstanding written reporting skills.
We offer a dynamic working environment within a close-knit and multicultural team in Brussels. This position is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual to work in a continuously evolving market and develop knowledge of solar PV while strengthening project management skills.
Reporting to the Research & Innovation Manager, the Junior Project Officer will assist the Global team in implementing the association’s projects and grants, notably related to topics of circularity of the PV value chain. The responsibilities of the position would including the following:
- Preparing and organising project deliverables such as reports, presentations, workshops, conferences, study tours.
- Ensuring project deadlines are met.
- Organising, attending and participating in stakeholder meetings.
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Preparing minutes, articles, newsletters, social media posts based on project results.
- Providing administrative support as needed.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Creating a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Liaising and coordinating with other team members involved in projects.
- Supporting the preparation of new project proposals.
- And other related tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate has the following professional profile:
- A passion for the energy transition and research & innovation, and a diligent, result-oriented individual.
- A university degree in a relevant discipline such as Project Management, International Business or similar.
- At least 1 year of relevant work experience in project management.
- Familiarity with research programmes such as Horizon Europe and LIFE is an asset.
- Experience in project proposal preparation is an asset.
- Expertise in or knowledge of circular economy and/or the renewable industry is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Outstanding written reporting skills.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams.
- Knowledge file management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work with numbers and budgets is an asset.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and respect a workplan.
- Fluency in English and at least one other EU language; knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- A full-time permanent Belgian contract with a competitive remuneration package;
- Start date: 1 September 2023;
- Employee benefits paid by SolarPower Europe make this offer even more attractive: public transportation allowance, work from home allowance, dental and hospitalization insurance, and lunch vouchers.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page motivation letter should be sent to email@example.com until COB 18 June 2023 quoting “Junior Project Officer” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org