We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented person to strengthen and expand our market intelligence activities.
17 March 2023
Full-time 6 months contract (with potential long-term employment), availability from April 2022.
Background on SolarPower Europe
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar PV sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 260 members spanning 35 countries. We aim to produce thought-leading energy market analysis and support the business of our members through creative and successful advocacy campaigns.
SolarPower Europe offers a range of market intelligence services to its members and stakeholders. The most prominent annual deliverable of the market intelligence team and SolarPower Europe flagship report, the Global Market Outlook for Solar Power, is an award-winning, global benchmark on the status of solar worldwide. Market intelligence activities are complemented by the publication of the EU Market Outlook for Solar Power, which is also published on a yearly basis, the EU Solar Jobs Report, as well as an extensive number of additional research tasks related to the association’s policy work. On a day-to-day basis, the market intelligence team takes care for inquiries on solar technology from members, policy makers, and media.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented person to strengthen and expand our market intelligence activities. The Market Intelligence Intern will support our team in the attainment of the market intelligence tasks outlined above, ensuring that SolarPower Europe deliverables are provided in a timely and quality manner. Critical attributes for this role include a strong analytical mindset, excellent coordination, writing and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work on tight deadlines.
We offer a dynamic working environment within a close-knit and multicultural team in Brussels. This position is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious and talented individual to start building a career in the renewable energy sector, working in a continuously evolving market and developing knowledge on solar. As we are currently expanding our team, the internship might develop into a full-time long-term employment opportunity.
Reporting to the Head of Market Intelligence, the Market Intelligence Intern will support SolarPower Europe’s market intelligence activities, including the following:
- Support the Market Intelligence team in delivering high-quality market reports, briefs and other products;
- Monitoring the development of EU and national policies related to solar energy as well as associated market trends for the production of quantitative and qualitative research on the sector;
- Support to SolarPower Europe colleagues through the provision of data, research and insights on solar PV market, policy and technology trends;
- Liaison with international market experts and other stakeholders for the collection, sharing and dissemination of market data;
- Preparation of briefing notes, presentations and relevant materials in relation to various topics related to solar energy; and
- Performing any other applicable duties or tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate has the following professional profile:
- A university degree in a relevant discipline such as Energy Economics, Renewable Energy Policy, Statistics, or similar. A Bachelor’s Degree is the minimum requirement for consideration; a Master’s Degree and previous relevant work experience are considered strong pluses;
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in renewable energy technology, markets, policy, regulation;
- Relevant experience in an analytical role, or in a field related to climate and energy policy or markets, is considered a strong asset;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills coupled with strong organisation and time management skills with an attention to detail;
- Demonstrated excellent skills in Excel matched with confidence in working with data in a variety of forms and presenting it visually;
- Solution-oriented approach to challenges and proactivity in engaging with external stakeholders and experts for collection of information;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- The right to work in Belgium (EU citizen, Mcard, Student or Work visa);
- Fluency in English and at least one other EU language; knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- A 6-month contract starting in April 2022: Belgian contract (contract d’immersion professionelle) with a competitive remuneration package;
- Public transportation allowance, work from home allowance and lunch vouchers.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until COB 17 March 2023 quoting “Market Intelligence Intern” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org