SolarPower Europe is recruiting a Press and Policy Communications Advisor to join the Communications department.
29 September 2023
Background on SolarPower Europe
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar power (PV) sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 300 members spanning more than 40 countries.
Landing our messages in traditional media outlets is critical to strengthening solar power in Europe. It’s a key tool to lead our industry, reach European policymakers, and share our market intelligence with the world.
We are looking for a driven Press and Policy Communications Advisor, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, to join SolarPower Europe’s communications team. We offer a dynamic working environment within a close-knit and multicultural team in Brussels. You will be working with an ambitious Communications team to further develop your skills and experience in working with the media: from drafting press releases and op-eds to media monitoring, and supporting media queries. You will also gain insight into the world of solar power and EU energy policy.
Key tasks include:
Press & media:
- Understanding the broad strokes and timelines of our key political asks
- Distilling our political asks into impactful messaging via press material, including social media
- Drafting and disseminating press releases, op-eds, and FAQs
- Support in responding quickly and efficiently to media enquiries;
- Support weekly communications planning and scheduling
- Supporting wider communications efforts as needed
- Experience and understanding of media and press is desirable
- Excellent command of English; native-level English speakers will be considered as a priority
- Passion for communications and renewable energy
- Strong writing and communications ability
- Excited to work in a dynamic and fast-paced discipline
- Excellent organisational skill
- Evidenced attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and remotely, as well as in a team
- A flair for creative thinking
- Experience with working with common online communications service platforms, like Mailchimp, Wordpress, and Canva
- An introductory understanding of the EU legislative process and relevant policy files (e.g. Solar Strategy, REPowerEU, Green Deal)
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and motivation letter (maximum 1 page) should be sent to email@example.com before 29 September 2023 COB quoting ‘Press and Policy Communications Advisor’ in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org
We will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis, so don’t hesitate to send us your application rapidly.