We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented person to assist in our Business Development and Events Department.
19 January 2023
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar PV sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 260 members spanning 35 countries. We aim to produce thought-leading energy market analysis and support the business of our members through creative and successful advocacy campaigns.
As part of the Business Development and Events team, you would take part in the event’s activities of the association. With the guidance of our friendly and dynamic team, you would contribute to the success of our upcoming events and webinars.
Reporting to Charlotte Otten-Gleissner, the event officer will be in charge of organizing events and webinars. Main tasks include:
- Project management, logistics organization of events and webinars from A to Z.
- Liaising with suppliers (catering, venues, AV, etc).
- Event set-up, tear down, and follow-up processes.
- Speaker invitations and management. Collecting bios and pictures.
- Setting and managing event registration systems
- Ensuring strict adherence to budget and agreed timeline
- Providing regular reporting to the senior management on event implementation progress
- Identify project risks and propose mitigation measures to resolve any potential issue that may jeopardize the success of an event
- Produce post-event evaluation to inform future events
- Finding creative ideas to further improve event quality
- Setting up and managing event apps
- Updating the event website
The ideal candidate has the following professional profile:
- Minimum a Bachelor in Events, Business, Management, Marketing, Communications or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in organizing events
- Excellent event & project management skills
- Strong planner, assertive and stress resistant
- Ability to multitask and take initiative
- Great attention to detail
- Team player
- Fluency in English and Fluency in French and/or Dutch
- A CDI Belgian contract with a competitive remuneration package;
- Employee benefits paid by SolarPower Europe make this offer even more attractive: public transportation allowance, work-from-home allowance, dental and hospitalization insurance, and lunch vouchers.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page motivation letter should be sent to email@example.com until COB 19th of January, quoting “Senior Events Officer” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org