We are currently looking for a Senior Press & Communications Advisor to further strengthen SolarPower Europe’s external communications.
26 February 2024
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar PV sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 300 members spanning 35 countries. We aim to produce thought-leading energy market analysis and support the business of our members through creative and successful advocacy campaigns.
SolarPower Europe is looking for a Senior Press & Communications Advisor to further strengthen SolarPower Europe’s external communications. As the Senior Press & Communications Advisor you will be working with a team of experts on some of the most important topics facing the European solar sector.
Reporting to the Head of Press and Policy Communications, the role will support the association’s key communication activities on high-profile, fast-moving, political files:
- Communications lead on assigned policy topics, campaigns, and platforms
- Development of communications plans and strategy
- Creation of communications material including press releases, talking points, FAQs, positioning statements, press responses
- Support on direct media engagement
- Working with external providers to update and maintain relevant websites/webpages
- Managing a content calendar and content development for dedicated digital channels, including LinkedIn and newsletter.
- Monitoring and evaluating media coverage
In line with the demand of the news cycle, this role will also hold ‘on-duty’ responsibility for media engagement as part of a rota system. Occasionally therefore, the role will require out-of-hours working. Such overtime, with respect to work-life balance, is compensated through time-in-lieu. In addition, travel may be required.
The ideal candidate has the following professional profile:
- A demonstrated minimum 3 years of media engagement or working in a press office
- Comfortable working on dynamic and sensitive political files and grasping key message points quickly
- Experience with political communications campaigns
- Experience in developing and delivering crisis communications plans
- Strong verbal, written, organisation and presentation skills
- Fluency in English. Fluency in at least one other EU language would be an advantage.
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with real impact on Europe’s climate goals
- A permanent Belgian contract with a competitive remuneration package;
- Employee benefits paid by SolarPower Europe make this offer even more attractive: public transportation allowance, work from home allowance, dental and hospitalization insurance, and lunch vouchers.
Solar for All
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of our mission to ensure that solar is at the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. The more diverse our team, the more unique perspectives and ideas we can share to move this mission forward.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures and experiences to help make this a reality.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until 26 February 2024 [final date to accept applications] quoting “Senior Press & Communications Advisor” in the subject line.
Note that while we recognise the role of generative AI tools within the workplace, we would like your cover letter to share and demonstrate your unique perspective and approach to the role. For this reason, we discourage overreliance on such tools in your application.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org