The adapted guidelines include:
- Key processes and codes related to environment protection and health & safety.
- A new section dedicated to repowering combiner boxes.
- Guidelines for operators and owners of power plants with storage facilities.
- Overview of the use and safe disposal of Battery Energy Storage Systems.
- Recommendations on reducing the amount of water required for module cleaning.
The Jordan edition of the O&M Best Practice Guidelines complement SolarPower Europe’s suite of free, market-specific, deployment and maintenance Best Practice Guidelines. The series, produced in partnership with local actors, covers global markets with significant solar potential, including India, Sub-Saharan Africa, and South Africa.
These guidelines are a joint effort between SolarPower Europe and EDAMA, the Jordanian renewable energy association, and are part of the “Boosting Renewable Energy Build Up as contributor to Jordan’s post COVID-19 Recovery.” SolarPower Europe and EDAMA are supported by GIZ Jordan, funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action.
O&M Best Practice Guidelines: Jordan