In May 2022, the European Commission published the landmark EU Solar Strategy, as part of its REPowerEU package in response to the Russian war in Ukraine. In parallel, SolarPower Europe wrapped up its previous strategy, and geared up for a change of speed and direction in the coming years.
Along with this change comes a revamp of our workstreams to reflect our priorities moving forward. The new structure works to address all barriers to solar deployment and get the world truly ready for a solar revolution.
SolarPower Europe Workstreams
- NEW Land Use and Permitting
- Product Sustainability
- NEW Supply Chain Transparency
- NEW Grids and Flexibility
- NEW Markets and Investments
- Lifecycle Quality
- NEW Buildings and Prosumers
- Renewable Hydrogen and Electrification
- Global Markets
Following the restructuring of our workstreams, elections were held to appoint the new chairs and vice chairs, who will be working alongside our policy experts and industry members to define our positions and advocacy actions over the coming years.
Land Use and Permitting
- Eva Vandest, Amarenco
- Stephen Schindele Head of Product Management Agri-PV Baywa r.e.
- Penny Laurenson Director of Environmental & Social Planning, Europe & International, Lightsource bp
European ambition and goals for Solar Energy have increased exponentially to achieve the energy transition To successfully achieve those targets, the solar sector has to be an example and leader in sustainable development, respectful of nature and European citizens. Therefore the Land Use and Permitting Workstream will share experience, expertise and recommendations to increase best practices in land management, through a specific focus on biodiversity and dual-use business models like Agrisolar and Floating PV
Grids and Flexibility
New Chair :
- Torsten Knop, Head of European Regulation, EON
Vice Chairs :
- Christian Barba International and BD Storage Director, EDP Energies
- Laurent Drion EU Public Affairs Renewables & Power, TotalEnergies
Supply Chain Transparency
- Ozer Ergul, , Group Head of Procurement, Aquila Capital
- Peter Faisst Legal Director for Europe, Middle East and Africa Trina Solar
- Jose Garcia Felix Discipline Leader - Asset Development and Operations Onshore Renewables, Equinor
The workstream has an important mission and responsibilities of ensuring the energy transition is just, inclusive, and respects human rights.
Group Head of Procurement, Aquila Capital
Markets and Investment
- Zosia Riesner, Director of Power Markets Europe, Lightsource bp
- Guillaume Dupret, Energy Market Director Akuo
- Juan Carlos Rucian Castellanos, Head of Renewable European Affairs, Iberdrola
Buildings and Prosumers
- Sofia Barbosa, Head of Regulatory Affairs Greenvolt
Vice Chairs :
- Alison Finch VP Marketing Europe SolarEdge
- Maria Colom Cifuentes Head of Decentralized PV, Engie
I am very honored to serve as chair of the Buildings and Prosumer workstream. At Greenvolt we see this as a huge opportunity and responsibility. There is a need to unlock the vast potential of solar energy in buildings, which offers a robust solution to lower electricity bills with minimal environmental impact and increase our energy independence. SolarPower Europe and its members can count on our full commitment and enthusiasm to help drive this agenda which puts the consumer at the heart of the energy transition.
Head of Regulatory Affairs, Greenvolt