- The European Technology and Innovation Platform (ETIP) is pleased to announce the relaunch of the ETIP PV project to support the solar PV sector’s contribution to the European Union Strategic Energy Technology Plan (SET-Plan). The project will run from 2022-2025.
- The ‘ETIP PV’ is structured around a permanent steering group and topic-specific working groups of industry and academic experts in the field of solar PV.
- As an independent body recognised by the European Commission and the SET Plan Steering Group, and as a representative of the photovoltaic sector, ETIP PV advises European policymakers and promotes the update of solar PV technology.
- New Steering Committee Chairs (The Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons) will be elected during the next Steering Committee meeting in Brussels on October 10th, 2022.
- ETIP PV is an exhibitor in WIP Stand (Booth A7) at the World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion 26-30 September 2022 in the Milano Convention Centre.
As the 8th World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion takes place in Milan, Italy, the ETIP PV, dedicated to supporting the solar PV sectors role in the EU SET-Plan.
Following the European Commission’s landmark EU Solar Strategy, the renewal of the ETIP PV will support policymakers through the technical design and implementation of the defining European solar regulation of the decade. Through the permanent Steering Committee, and dedicated Working Groups, comprised of industry and academic experts, the Platform offers advice on solar PV competitiveness, digitalisation, industrialisation, life-cycle quality, and integrated technologies.
The ETIP PV acts as a reference point for EU and member state policy makers for innovation in the solar sector and works in partnership with national and regional PV platforms and trade associations to promote the effective uptake of solar PV technology. In parallel, the Platform builds relationships with similarly-motivated organisations, such as the European Energy Research Alliance, as well as the other ETIP projects.
The project, funded by the EUROPEAN UNION under the Horizon Europe programme, is operated through a Secretariat of SolarPower Europe in Brussels, Belgium and WIP Renewable Energies in Munich, Germany.
New Chairs (The Chairperson and two Vice-Chairpersons) will be elected during the next Steering Committee meeting in Brussels on October 10th, 2022.
ETIP PV is an exhibitor in WIP Stand (Booth A7) at the 8th World Conference on Photovoltaic Energy Conversion from 26 until 30 September 2022 in the Milano Convention Centre in Milan, Italy. SRIA PV (STRATEGIC RESEARCH AND INNOVATION AGENDA PV) booklets will be available to be picked up in ETIP PV corner.
For further information please contact:
About European Technology and Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics (ETIP PV)
The European Technology and Innovation Platform for Photovoltaics provides advice on solar photovoltaic energy policy. It is an independent body recognised by the European Commission and the SET Plan Steering Group as a representative of the photovoltaic sector. Its recommendations may cover the areas of research and innovation, market development including competitiveness, education and industrial policy.