SolarPower Europe’s annual award-winning Global Market Outlook for Solar Power is the most authoritative market analysis report for the global solar power sector. With comprehensive historical market
The energy sector has begun a fundamental transformation from an old analogue system to a fully digital network.
The energy transition and the digital transition must therefore go hand in hand – and policymakers must think smart and provide solutions for a fully flexible energy system based on zero marginal cost renewables such as solar.
Solar is already contributing to a more efficient and sustainable energy system and will be crucial for a successful energy transition as it empowers citizens and offers new ways of selling, controlling and gaining revenue from smart installations.
The digital revolution breaks the traditional borders between sectors, providing solar companies with a whole new world to explore. Through our Digitalisation Task Force, SolarPower Europe is developing the answers to the following questions and many others:
- What are the opportunities and barriers for solar that arise from smart meters, smart buildings and smart grids, and how can more digital solar offerings help projects increase profitability?
- What will the solar industry 4.0 look like and how can we improve our own processes?
- How will digital technology connect solar with other small-scale generation technologies?
- How will solar and demand response interact to form fully aggregated Virtual Power Plants?
- How can Blockchain technology fundamentally change how electricity markets operate?
Join SolarPower Europe’s Digitalisation and Solar Task Force
The aim of the Digitalisation and Solar Task Force is to ensure that the solar sector in Europe takes the opportunities arising from the digitalisation of the energy system.
If you are interested in joining this Task Force, contact Mercè Labordena.
Digitalisation & Solar Task Force leader
Go Digital Declaration
50 leading companies have announced their support for further digitalisation of the solar and energy sector. SolarPower Europe’s ‘Go Digital’ declaration was officially handed over to Megan Richards, Director of Energy Policy in DG Energy, European Commission at the SolarPower Summit 2018.
Photo: Aurelie Beauvais, Policy Director, SolarPower Europe with Megan Richards, Director of Energy Policy in DG Energy, European Commission at the SolarPower Summit 2018.
Digital Solar & Storage 2019
Digital Solar & Storage 2018 took place on 4-5 December at BMW World in Munich Download photographs
SolarPower Europe’s 1st Digital Solar & Storage Start-up Award was won by SolarWorX, a German off-grid solar company. SolarWorX is a renewable energy start-up founded