Due to its low-costs and scalability, solar will be at the core of the future European energy system and is set to generate at least 63% of Europe’s electricity generation in 2050 according to LUT University and SolarPower Europe’s ‘100% renewable Europe’ study. The development of a modern and robust grid infrastructure will be needed to ensure the integration of large volumes of solar PV in the energy system. Through our grids workstream, SolarPower Europe will be exploring how to integrate more solar PV in the energy system by answering the following questions and many others:
- What are the challenges and opportunities for the grid integration of solar PV?
- How will the future European grid look like in 2030?
- How can we integrate more flexibility sources into the grid and develop local flexibility markets?
- How can generation contribute to the future needs of the European grid?
- How should the role of market player, such as prosumers, DSO and TSO, in the grid evolve to ensure digitalisation, decentralisation, and electrification?
Join SolarPower Europe’s Grids Workstream
SolarPower Europe’s Grid Workstream was launched during the webinar “Decentralised, Smarter, Greener: the 2030 European grid” on the 10th of June in the aim of ensuring that solar is well integrated into the European grid.
If you are interested to join the workstream, contact Naomi Chevillard.
Chair of the Grids Workstream
Webinar: Decentralised, smarter, Greener
At Digital Solar & Storage 2019, SolarPower Europe’s Emerging Markets Task Force and Digitalisation & Solar Task Force launched a joint report, ‘Digitalisation & Solar
Innovation, the backbone of the renewables sector, was celebrated tonight at the second annual Digital Solar & Storage Startup Awards. The Startup Awards honour small, early-career