We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented person to assist in our Finance & Administration team.
Background on SolarPower Europe
SolarPower Europe is a member-led association representing the European solar PV sector. SolarPower Europe’s aim is to ensure that more energy is generated by solar than any other energy source by 2030 and lead our members to make solar the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. We are an award-winning association and have over 300 members spanning 35 countries. We aim to produce thought-leading energy market analysis and support the business of our members through creative and successful advocacy campaigns.
SolarPower Europe believes innovative solutions arise from diverse teams that receive input from a range of experiences and perspectives. We are multicultural, representing more than 20 nationalities and 21 languages.
Our recent growth requires an experienced and motivated finance professional to oversee our Finance team. As a partner to the CFO, you will use your skills in forecasting, accounting, budgeting and overall financial strategy.
Reporting the CFO, your job responsibilities will include:
- Supervise our finance team and external accounting partner, ensuring compliance to accounting policies and procedures;
- Prepare reporting KPIs for our senior-level leadership;
- Participate in strategic data analysis, provide insights, and develop metrics and modeling for senior leadership;
- Support project analysis and validation of plans;
- Lead financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Treasury management, including our reserve, cash flow, banking relationships and investments;
- Manage budgeting processes along with the CFO;
- Collaborate with our project teams for finance and budgeting on Grants (including EU grants) and projects;
- Supervise and prepare for our annual audit as well as grant audits; and
- Other related tasks as needed.
The ideal candidate has:
- Degree in Finance or Accounting;
- 5-8 years of experience in a finance role with financial reporting and analysis preferably in the non-profit environment;
- In-depth knowledge of general accounting;
- Ability to synthesize complex data into actionable information;
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level colleagues;
- Excellent business judgement, analytical and decision-making skills;
- Knowledge and familiarity with EU grant reporting;
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint; and
- Fluency in English and French; knowledge of Dutch is a plus.
- A full-time Belgian contract with a competitive remuneration package;
- We offer attractive in-house services and a range of benefits that support good health, a work/life balance such as public transportation, work from home allowance, healthcare which includes dental, out-patient care and hospitalization insurance, and lunch vouchers.
Solar for All
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion are at the heart of our mission to ensure that solar is at the core of a smart, sustainable and inclusive energy system. The more diverse our team, the more unique perspectives and ideas we can share to move this mission forward.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures and experiences to help make this a reality.
A CV (maximum 2 pages) and a one-page motivation letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until COB 8 December 2023 quoting “Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Note that while we recognise the role of generative AI tools within the workplace, we would like your cover letter to share and demonstrate your unique perspective and approach to the role. For this reason, we discourage over reliance on such tools in your application.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information on SolarPower Europe, please visit www.solarpowereurope.org